While bullet hell shmups are typically all about retro-style pixel art depicting dark and eerie places, this next iteration of the eShop is dismissing it all for something a little different.
Skyland Rush – Air Attack has all the demons, witches, monsters and more you might expect, but throws them all in a cute visual jar that’s a little easier on the eyes. There are items and coins to grab, powerful charms to collect, and obstacles to break or dodge as you explore each level Skylandia has to offer.
The game is making the leap from mobile to land on the Switch eShop as an exclusive console, ditching microtransactions for a flat fee, as is usually the case. Its launch in North America on April 22, with a European date to be confirmed. Here is a list of features:
– Press to balance the jet in the air
– Shoot as many creatures as possible to increase your score
– Use powerful charms to skyrocket your score
– Get permanent upgrades for your trip
– Beware of confusing traps in your skyway
– Explore high difficulty action-packed game blocks
– Complete difficult missions and claim the rewards
– Prepare yourself, the Guardians can harden your journey
– Collect eggs to unlock “Awakening” and meet the Titans
– Get a chance to win prizes in Lucky Boards bonus games
– Take part in the Speed Challenge and participate in the world rankings
You can pre-order Skyland Rush – Air Raid Attack ahead of its release for £ 5.39 in Europe or $ 6.99 in North America.
As always, feel free to share your thoughts on this one in the comments below.